Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Artz de Scrap Altered Tin Can + Rubber pads




For this month's challenge, we were asked to alter tin cans. I chose to use the Van Houten Chocolate Almond tin can because of its unique shape. I made it into a small purse!

To cover the tin, I got a few of my extra See D's rubber padding for stamps. I don't know about you but I just have SOOOOO many of them and they're occupying too much space in my craft area. Anyway, the half-size rubber pads were perfect for covering almost half of the tin, so I was able to use 2 1/2 pads. I did a free-cut design of a spider's web, intending to make the bag more like one Elvira would use in Halloween. Since the pads were naturally black, the design was perfect just as is!

I adhered these rubber pieces one-by-one on the outer tin using a quick-drying epoxy glue. Then I sewed Prima velvet leaves into a flower, added some silver beads for accent as well as for a handle, and got myself a bag! The bag came out pretty well, no one would ever think its just a chocolate tin can.

To check out the Artz de Scrap Teams' work, visit the website here.

4 comments:

Christine said...

that looks really cool, Candy! tfs!

Donna Espiritu said...

yeah definitely cool!!!

Anonymous said...

galeeeeng! TFS, cands! :)

~bjay

Techie said...

Nice bag, Ms. Candy. TFS. :)