Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Artz de Scrap Altered Lantern




The latest challenge at Artz de Scrap is to alter a lantern. I bought this copper candle lantern a year ago and I thought that with a little alteration, it could be used to showcase photos of my son. I took off the colored glass from their arched panes from the inside and inserted the photos. I also used Perfect Pearls Aged Patina (blue) on the lantern to match the flowers and lace. This is a perfect way to reuse lanterns and make them part of the living room decor.

To see the other DT's lanterns, do visit the Artz de Scrap website here.

6 comments:

Ems said...

Ay ang galing! Nice nice !

Nina said...

Very, very cool, Candy dear! I've been staring and staring at the lanterns at the Simplejoys stores and wondering how to repurpose them into something other than just decorative. Thanks so much for the inspiration! =)

*hugs*

Donna Espiritu said...

BYUTIPUL!!!!!!!! grabe your ideas, super love ko to :)

Jona Panesa said...

wow, so gorgeous talaga!

LG said...

ang galing sobra! Hindi kita carry :)

Liza said...

wow! that is a beautiful piece candy! love the lantern and how you enhanced it.